What is Great about Gleadless?
The Gleadless team is supportive, friendly and ambitious for our children. It is a great place to work as well as a great place to come to school. We currently have no vacancies advertised.
Core Values in Action:
What do others say about us?...
In Summer 2021, we were awarded Silver in the Teacher Development Trust audit of our CPD offer and we are working in 2021/22 to achieve Gold. Excellent professional development is our primary strategy for improving our school.
The TDT team recognised that:
- Professional learning is highly valued throughout the school and there is a strong commitment to improving the quality of teaching and learning
- A collegial and supportive environment for adult learning is driving school improvement forwards
- Staff recognise that the school works hard to help adults learn in school.
- Staff feel that school CPD is driven by pupil need, and that their own CPD is targeted at supporting specific pupils.
- External and internal expertise is carefully planned to support each other.
- The school has ongoing, mutually benefiting relationships with local schools.
- Evidence behind approaches of external expertise is considered when choosing expertise.
A review of our provision for Pupil Premium and disadvantaged pupils in November 2020 said:
"Although the full impact of Covid19 has yet to be felt, there has been improvement in some key areas of the school's priorities. Robust plans are in place to improve the attainment and attendance of Pupil Premium children and to further improve relationships with their families. Recognising the need to pay attention to their health and wellbeing alongside their learning is a positive step and this holistic approach should pay dividends in future."
A review of our provision for SMSC in July 2021 said:
"Practice in SMSC is developing well in the school alongside the other planned improvements
to the curriculum. Some aspects such as the spiritual dimension are being effectively taught
and the school has a good awareness of the ways in which the other dimensions can be
developed. The planned next steps provide a sound basis for future developments and are
achievable in the proposed timeframe. Staff presented clear and coherent views around
SMSC and appreciated the strengths of provision in this area of the curriculum and also the
dimensions in which practice needs to be improved."