At Gleadless, all children are expected to wear the school uniform. Our children enjoy looking smart and ready to learn!
We have an agreed code of dress in school:
- A grey jumper/cardigan (with or without the school logo)
- A plain yellow coloured polo-shirt, shirt or blouse
- Plain grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- Black footwear (for safety reasons, when buying shoes, especially in the summer please ensure that they are flat, supports the ankle and protect the toes)
- Separate clothing for indoor P.E. (approved Gleadless sports top, white T-shirt or polo shirt and black shorts or plain leotard). Children can bring a dark coloured sweatshirt (grey or black) in colder weather over the top of their PE kit.
- During the summertime, children may wear grey shorts or a yellow checked dress
- Plain white or grey socks/tights.
All clothing carrying the school logo can be ordered from school or from our supplier “School Trends” www.stparent.co.uk or is available at Pinders in Crystal Peaks market. We also sell book bags in order for children to carry their homework and library and school books.
All uniform and coats, bags etc should be labelled clearly with the child's name. This helps to minimise lost property and ensure parents are not wasting money replacing items of uniform.
The following items may not be worn or brought to school, as they are not part of our uniform:
- hooded jumpers or sweatshirts (of any colour)
- clothing or footwear with visible logos
- colourful or stacked trainers (black, plain footwear only please)
- any shoes with heels
- make-up of any kind or false nails
Only small stud earrings may be worn in school, and these need to be removed by the child for PE lessons. No large studs, hoops or gangling earrings may be worn by children in school.
Children with long hair should have it tied back everyday. This is for children's safety throughout the day. Children may not wear long extensions in their hair which put their safety at risk in school.