At Gleadless, all children are expected to wear the school uniform. Our children enjoy looking smart and ready to learn!
We have an agreed code of dress in school:
- A grey jumper/cardigan (with or without the school logo)
- A plain yellow coloured polo-shirt, shirt or blouse
- Plain grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- Black footwear (for safety reasons, when buying shoes, especially in the summer please ensure that they are flat, supports the ankle and protect the toes)
- Separate clothing for indoor P.E. (plain white T-shirt or polo shirt - with or without the school logo - and black shorts or leggings). During cold weather, children may wear their school sweatshirt during PE. Children need to have suitable footwear for PE - plain trainers or plimsolls.
- During the summertime, children may wear grey shorts or a yellow checked dress
- Plain white or grey socks/tights.
Our uniform can be purchased online at https://logoleisurewear.com/product-category/schools/schools-gleadless-primary/ or an order form from our office can be filled out by hand. Parents can choose to pay for delivery of uniform items to their home addresses or they can have the uniform delivered to school during term-time free of charge.
Children may wear any yellow polo shirt and grey sweatshirt or cardigan to school - with or without the school logo. Plain items of uniform can often be purchased from local supermarkets.
All uniform and coats, bags etc should be labelled clearly with the child's name. This helps to minimise lost property and ensure parents are not wasting money replacing items of uniform.
The following items may not be worn or brought to school, as they are not part of our uniform:
- hooded jumpers or sweatshirts (of any colour)
- clothing or footwear with visible logos or branding
- colourful or stacked trainers (black, plain footwear only please)
- any shoes with heels
- make-up of any kind or false/gel/acrylic nails
Only small stud earrings may be worn in school. These need to be covered up using tape for PE lessons. No large studs, hoops or gangling earrings may be worn by children in school - we will always ask children to remove these for safety reasons.
Children with long hair should have it tied back everyday. This is for children's safety throughout the day. Children may not wear long extensions in their hair which put their safety at risk in school.
We also have a range of second-hand uniform available for parents to access, free of charge. These items are clean and in good condition, ready for a new home! Please ask a member of the office team if you would be interested.