Our behaviour policy aims to create a calm, caring atmosphere at Gleadless, where children are happy and secure and can achieve their full potential. As a school, we foster good partnerships between children, parents, carers, governors and staff in implementing this policy.
It is a primary aim of our school that every member of the school community feels valued and respected, and that each person is treated fairly and well. We are a caring, inclusive school where children and adults respect each other and look after both people and property. We look for the positive and allow our children to grow with responsibility.
Our aims are:
- To encourage a calm, purposeful and happy atmosphere within school through the use of praise, an essential way of raising children's self-esteem.
- To foster self-discipline, friendliness and positive caring attitudes towards everyone.
- To raise awareness about appropriate behaviour and aid each child in accepting responsibility.
- To have a consistent approach to behaviour throughout school with parental cooperation and involvement.
- To help pupils, parents, carers, governors and staff have a sense of direction and feeling of common purpose.
- To respect the culture and beliefs of others.