How do we monitor impact?
Senior and subject leaders in school monitor the implementation and impact of the wider curriculum through regular monitoring and evaluation activities. These activities include:
- Lesson visits
- Conversations with teachers
- Conversations with pupils
- Looking at pupils' work
- Internal subject reviews
- 'Deep dive' activities with Learn Sheffield and SSELP
Leaders check whether pupils know more, remember more and can do more in particular subject areas. They check that teaching and learning in each subject supports pupils to achieve their age-related end points.
What do we do with this information?
The outcomes of monitoring evaluation are used in the following ways:
- To celebrate the strengths and improvements across the school with staff
- To improve the quality of teaching and learning in each class by acting on any areas for development
- To decide upon the development priorities for the subject, which will inform subject leaders' milestones
- To feed back to governors and parents about teaching and learning
We are proud of how we have developed and implemented our curriculum so far. It is evident from what the children do, say and produce that they are enjoying their learning and are securing new knowledge and skills.