At Gleadless, our well-rounded and high-quality History curriculum aims to inspire a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with our pupils for the rest of their lives. History plays a significant role in our school’s goal of ensuring our children understand their important place in the world. Through learning about our local and wider community in the past, we foster a strong sense of identity in our pupils, as well as respect for diversity and social change.
Our teaching equips pupils with knowledge about:
- diverse societies and cultures in Britain and the wider world
- how people’s lives and actions have shaped our nation
- their local history and own identity
- how to use evidence to deepen our understanding of the past
- how significant events in history had lasting impacts upon us
Our History Intent statement can be found here
Our Long term Overview for History can be found here.